The Christian & Missionary Alliance Theological Seminary: Not Your Grandfather's Seminary!
ATS has changed radically, as have many other Christian colleges and seminaries, being flooded with postmodern or Emergent teachings as well as mysticism and contemplative spiritual practices.
And because of these teachings it is imperative for students, parents, supporters, alumni, pastors, and missionaries to look into these teachings to learn exactly what's happening at an alarming rate inside Christian academia. For more information on Christian colleges/seminaries which promote
Emergent and spiritual formation practices please read booklet "Epidemic of Apostasy."
To begin it is important to become acquainted with Dr. Ron Walborn who has been leading the Alliance Seminary, and Nyack College into all things contemplative. Thus, the purpose of this article is to document how Walborn and his colleagues have been saturating the seminary and the college with spiritual formation, and all its spiritual disciplines. While doing this he and other colleagues have been teaching books, courses, and practices that are leading their students, and others into Roman Catholicism with New Age overtones.
This paper will also show how Walborn is connected to his former student and lead Pastor Rich Villodas of the heavily contemplative New Life Fellowship church; how he's associated with Adventures in Missions (AIM) and its Emergent leader Seth Barnes; how he's acquainted with New Apostolic Reformation prophets through his former Redding, Ca. church; how he's close friends with Dr. Rob Reimer of a contemplative CMA church; and how he's part of the Global Leadership Inc. (supported/endorsed by Leighton Ford) working with Dr. Martin Sanders. Here are the facts:
Dr. Ron (Ronald) Walborn, Dean of the Alliance Theological Seminary
* Walborn is the dean of the Alliance Theological Seminary.
* Walborn is the head/chair of the Pastoral Ministries Dept. at Nyack College.
* Walborn is a board member of the Christian & Missionary Alliance Church.
* Walborn was a pastor at Risen King Community Church in Redding, California.
* Walborn was educated at Nyack, ATS, and Fuller Theological Seminary.
Update January 25, 2015: See my newest blog: "ATS Dean Ron Walborn Recommends Bill Johnson's Bethel Church Podcasts for Pastors."
Walborn's Wife-Wanda Walborn:
* Wanda Walborn, too, has played a significant role in helping introduce Nyack students to spiritual formation.
* Wanda Walborn has been the head of the "Spiritual Formation Department" for eleven years.
* Wanda Walborn has taught spiritual formation classes at Nyack.
* Wanda Walborn has written Introduction to Spiritual Formation (2011).
* Wanda Walborn has spoken at various seminars and training sessions with Ron.
* Wanda Walborn has also been helping lead "Women's Certificate Program 2013-14-Empower Program" (Metro District CMA) with credit at college/ATS including Bible/theological studies; spiritual formation; mandatory three day retreat; and "Soul Care" Mentoring.
How can we know if the dean is into these contemplative things? Matthew 7:20 says,
"By their fruits (spiritual formation practices, centering prayer, monastery retreats) you can know them."
Walborn's Personal Spiritual Formation:
* Walborn teaches an eighteen-part course called: "Personal Spiritual Formation."
* Walborn requires that all students take "Spiritual Formation PMN 346."
* Walborn stipulates that students take required retreats to Roman Catholic Graymoor Monastery, Garrison, NY to practice stillness and solitude. In "A Bible, Journal, Pen, & Pillow" a former Nyack student describes his weekend away at Graymoor Monastery. Of that weekend he wrote, "Over the course of the weekend our mentors took us all over the sprawling grounds of this beautiful facility. Leaving us only with our Bibles, our journals, and a pen we were given six hours to sit and soak with Jesus. My mentor had given me a specific passage of scripture to soak on that day. ... Ten years later I have returned to Graymoor for a few days of soaking ..." Here again, we meet another of what I might dub one of Walborn's "monastery men."
* Walborn endorses spiritual disciplines as "Centering Prayer." Here's what "centering prayer" really is: http://carm.org/centering-prayer
* Walborn taught these podcasts during a three period from 2005-2007 at Delta Lake Bible Camp.
Listen to these eighteen podcasts here: http://www.adventures.org/podcasts/psf/
Note! On the internet page notice the photo that accompanies the podcast list: "Two nuns" walking up steep steps.
Update March 2014: These Delta Lake Podcasts were removed after I wrote a letter to Dr. John Stumbo at the CMA Headquarters. However, this material continues to be taught.
"By their fruits (contemplative course books/ personal book lists) you can know them."
Walborn's Personal Spiritual Formation Course Book List/Book Endorsements:
* Walborn endorses the following contemplative books (among many others) for this course:
The Sacred Romance (John Eldridge/Brent Curtis); Wild at Heart; Journey of Desire; & Waking the Dead (Eldridge); "Anything and Everything Brennan Manning (Roman Catholic Priest)": The Ragamuffin Gospel, The Signature of Jesus, A Glimpse of Jesus; Abba's Child ;
Invitation to a Journey: A Road Map for Spiritual Discipline (M. Robert Mulholland, Jr.)*;
The Return of the Prodigal (Roman Catholic Priest Henri Nouwen)*; & Into Abba's Arms (Dr. Sandra Wilson).
* Walborn lent his support to Dr. James P. Danaher endorsing two of his books along with heretical Father Richard Rohr. He also allowed Danaher to teach Rohr's mystical book The Naked Now: Learning to See as the Mystics See. He again endorsed another contemplative Barnes' book as well as AIM. And still another contemplative endorsement by Walborn has also been given to Dr. Rob Reimer.
* Read my article: "Red Flag This: Ruth Haley Barton & Self!" to find out why Mulholland, Rohr and Nouwen present great deception! See Villodas' Mulholland comment below.
* Read: Brennan Manning's "New Monks"& Their Dangerous Contemplative Monasticism" by John Craddock to find out who Manning is.
"By their fruits (teaching of, use of materials, retreat requirements) you can know them."
Some SF (Spiritual Formation) Courses at ATS:
* SF 503 "Initiation in Spiritual Formation" (Year 1) Required retreats.
* SF 603 "Field Education" (Year 2) Includes mentoring.
* SF 703 "Spiritual Formation Capstone" (Year 3)
* Spiritual Formation Teacher Jan Dale: Courses Taught/Books Required:
-Courses: Initiation in Spiritual Formation/ Spiritual Formation Capstone
-Some Books for SF 503: Spiritual Formation Workbook (James Bryan Smith); The Practice of the Presence of God (Brother Lawrence); Celebration of Discipline (Richard Foster); What's Your God Language (Myra Perrine); Emotionally Healthy Spirituality (Pete Scazzero); & The Deeper Journey (M. Robert Mulholland). Note: On a book of choice the students could choose "Tozer." I noticed in some of these classes whenever there were controversial books if one throws in a little Tozer, or A.B. Simpson this makes all the rest look good.
-Some Books for SF 703: Live Your Calling (Brennfleck); The Call ((Os Guinness); The Return of the Prodigal Son (Henri Nouwen); The Power of Mentoring (Martin Sanders); Listening to God: Spiritual Formation in Congregations (John Ackerman); & Spiritual Formation as if the Church Mattered (James Wilhoit).
Some SF (Spiritual Formation) Courses at the College:
* PMN 101 Intro to Spiritual Formation
* Info from Fall 2012 Intro to Spiritual Formation Syllabus:
- Books to be read: NIV Bible; Outrageous Love, Transforming Power (Terry Wardle);
30 Days (Nicky Gumble); Experiencing God Through Prayer (Jeanne Guyon); Introduction to Spiritual Formation (Wanda Walborn); and The Shack (William P. Young).
- Bible Verses to memorize: Notice three come from The Message Bible which is filled with New Age references!
- Students are required using resources given to write a 3 and 1/2 year Spiritual Formation Plan and present it to class as an oral presentation.
* PMN 346 Personal Spiritual Formation
Worship Art & Disciplines Course CD701.RA:
* Instructors: Amy Davis, Kelvin Walker
* Books: Emerging Worship (Dan Kimball, David Crowder & Sally Morgan); The Divine Hours: Prayers for Autumn & Wintertime (Phyllis Tickle); Worship Old & New (Robert Webber); and Introduction to Christian Worship (James White). Note: These authors are all well-known Emergents. Pyllis Tickle, e.g., is often coupled with heretic Brian McLaren.
"By their fruits (associations with, endorsements of, preaching at) you can know them."
Walborn's Connection to Contemplative New Life Fellowship Church: Pastor Pete Scazzero & Pastor Rich Villodas:
* Walborn has spoken at services at Pete Scazzero's New Life Fellowship Church. Walborn, in fact, has just recently spoken in the 8-25-13 morning service being introduced by Pete Scazzero. Pete gives him a warm welcome mentioning what close ties the college and seminary have had with New Life over their past twenty-six years. He also mentions that Pastor Rich Villodas has been really influenced by Nyack, and in particular with Ron Walborn. He tells the audience to be sure to check out more about the college and seminary after the service with Walborn. Walborn begins with saying. "It is always great to be at New Life." He says, there are famous churches in New York, but that New Life makes Jesus famous! **
* Walborn has had close contact between NLF and Nyack.
* Walborn has had both Scazzero and Villodas preach at chapels/meetings at Nyack.
* Walborn welcomed Villodas this winter to preach Deeper Life meetings; and Walborn, his wife, Dr. Mike Scales, & Villodas are pictured in a photo beaming with their arms round each other.
* Walborn has given support to Villodas mentoring him, and naming him one of the 2013 Alumni of the Year.
** The sermon here is not problematic; but it is the association with this church and these pastors and all they represent that makes it truly tragic! And it is Walborn's legacy that he is leaving in having helped ready this young pastor-Rich Villodas- to assume his role as lead pastor teaching from the books and from the experiences that began at Nyack. Surely apostasy has crept in unnoticed as Jude has so clearly warned us of! I wonder are you aware of this, and are you doing your part to alert those in authority about what is taking place? If not recall James 4:17 KJV that says: "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin!" The NIV says it this way: "Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins."
By his fruits (associations, sermons, friends, books, blogs, twitter, spiritual disciplines, mentors) you can know them."
Villodas & His Nyack & NLF Connections:
* Villodas is lead pastor (formerly associate pastor) of New Life Fellowship Church, Queens, NY.
* Villodas is an alumnus of Nyack College (2003) and ATS (2009).
* Villodas has preached at Nyack's Deeper Life Series sponsored by Nyack's Office of Spiritual Formation. ( Feb. 2013) http://www.nyack.edu/blog/NyackNews/1386
* Villodas is very fond of Walborn considering him a close friend and mentor.
* Villodas has been groomed by Pastor Pete Scazzero (former lead pastor at New Life) and Dr. Ron Walborn to practice spiritual disciplines which lean heavily into Roman Catholicism.
* Villodas has blogged, and twittered much about his affection for contemplative practices, persons, and books.
Examples of Villodas' Activities:
* Villodas ( May, 2010) told of a "Day Alone with God Retreat" at RC Bishop Molloy Retreat House where he led thirty New Life Fellowship folks in "lectio divina" or "holy reading;" and an exploration of the "retreat grounds."
* Villodas (June, 2010) in "My Recent Trip to a Trappist Monastery" wrote: " Last week, I went on my annual monastery retreat. This is the second time that I attended St. Joseph's Abbey in Spencer, MA. ... It's been my conviction since I was a student at Nyack College that the disciplines of solitude, silence and prayer are essential to the life of a follower of Jesus. ..."
* Villodas (August 2011) blogged, "Actually, monasticism and desert father spirituality has been a love of my life since my days in college. ... For the last three years I have spent time in St. Joseph's abbey ... I spend 5-7 days hanging out with the monks."
* Villodas interviewed Roman Catholic Father William Meninger, famed teacher of centering prayer, at New Life Fellowship Church. (Fall 2011, 2012) See "Living Prayerful Lives:"
* Villodas (2012 "Yes Our Pastors Get Paid to Pray and Rest" noted: "Just a reminder that we have DAWG (Day Alone with God) tomorrow. ... Here are some guidelines I encourage: ... Another option is to bring a book which focuses on the inner life of prayer ... Books from authors like
Henri Nouwen, Merton, Benner, Rohr, ..."
* Villodas listed his best books on a "Favorites Page" which has numerous Roman Catholic/Emergent connections.
* Villodas (Feb. 2013) tweeted Pope Benedict's Lenten remarks. Villodas wrote, "For the last ten years I have read through the works of great Catholic theologians. They have so much to teach evangelicals." He also recorded: " ... I have enjoyed reading some of the Pontifex works. He's quite the theologian."
* Villodas (April 2013) attended "The Academy for Spiritual Formation" where he heard contemplative authors Marjorie Thompson and Robert Mulholland. Villodas mused, "I first heard of Robert Mulholland as a student at Nyack College. His book, Invitation to a Journey was one of the first books on spiritual formation that I came across." He also said, "The overall thrust ... focused on rhythms, spiritual formation practices and uncovering the relationship between our 'false selves' and 'true selves in Christ.'" (See my blog: "Red Flag This: Ruth Haley Barton & Self!") Villodas continued, "I took over twenty pages of notes. I'll be processing this for the foreseeable future."
* Villodas also wrote from the retreat : "Heard lectures on contemplation and the false self. Really impacted my life!"
* Villodas (April 2013) tweeted, "So sad to hear Brennan Manning (Roman Catholic priest about whom Walborn said on his podcast, "Anything and everything Manning!") died 2day. For the last 12 yrs has been a top 5 "mentor" to me thru his books. Thx for everything Brennan!"
* Villodas (April 2013) retweeted a quote from the new Pope Francis.
* Villodas (June 2013 "My Story and Thoughts about New Life Fellowship ...") wrote, as he was transitioning into lead pastor, "When I was a college student, I spent a significant amount of time reading through the sayings of the Desert Fathers and monastic writers. The commitment to prayer, silence and solitude has shaped me throughout the years."
Here is a must see documentary on "centering prayer" & its connection to the New Age, Yoga, TM, far Eastern religions, and ultimately to occultism. This supports all I have written in this paper, and in my other blogs.
Please view, and share!
Rich Villodas' Connection to Manhattan Pastor Drew Hyun:
* Hyun was an assistant pastor at New Life along with Villodas.
* Hyun is a good friend of Villodas.
* Hyun accompanied Villodas to St. Joseph's Abbey/ other retreats.
* Hyun has spoken at a Nyack Chapel.
* Hyun admires Father Richard Rohr, met him at CAC, and shared his deep admiration with Villodas. http://drewhyun.wordpress.com/2011/01/26/my-weekend-in-albuquerque-new-mexico/
* Hyun looks up to David Jennings, V.P. of Nyack, as an outstanding leader.
"By their (books, blogs, twitter, seminars, retreats, associations, recommendations, and so much more) you can know them."
Pete Scazzero and His Connection to the CMA & Nyack:
* Pete and Geri Scazzero established New Life Fellowship as a CMA plant.
* Pete and Geri Scazzero have written a series of contemplative books ( The Emotionally Healthy Church & Emotionally Healthy Spirituality) read by the CMA, and the college.
* Pete and Geri Scazzero practice spiritual disciplines associated with Roman Catholicism.
* Pete and Geri Scazzero preach and teach all things contemplative traveling (Now with Bill
Hybel's Willow Creek) round the globe sharing deceptive teachings.
* Pete is mentored by Leighton Ford who is deep into mystical contemplative teachings.
Here's a totally contemplative and New Age sermon Scazzero recently preached. It is entitled:
"Relaxing from the Deep Center!" Alarm bells ought to be going off , and red flags ought to be flying just by reading the title. Try typing in those very words, and see what kind of New Age information comes up! In this sermon Scazzero even shows someone doing "yoga" up on the screen!Watch here:
Reader, I consider Pete Scazzero's "New Life Fellowship Church" (once a CMA plant) the poster child or the poster church, if you will, for all things in a church that has gone totally into spiritual formation via Roman Catholicism, and even New Age paganism. And in turn I consider Rich Villodas, the poster boy or the poster pastor, for a young man who has gone whole heartedly into all things contemplative. The saddest thing of all is that here is a young man, bright and passionate and so likeable, who has trusted his life and his education into the affable and well-meaning, but badly deceived, hands of mentors like Walborn and Scazzero; and this is the end result. This is but one example of a student who went to Nyack, and was subjected to being immersed in these spiritual disciplines which include monasteries, retreats, silence, solitude, Catholic priests and more. And here is the result--sad, sad, sad! Dear reader, look into these deceptions by going to apologetic web sites of former Roman Catholics who came out of the bondage of good works, worshipping the Eucharist, worshipping Mary, and all the idolatry of Roman Catholicism and see why they are so disheartened to see "evangelicalism" marching right back home into the arms of Rome!
Here is a web site of Evangelist Mike Gendron, who was saved out of Catholicism in his thirties, and who has a tremendous desire to see Roman Catholics find Jesus as their all-sufficient sacrifice for sin. He also has a deep burden to point out to evangelicals that Catholics are not Christians if they have never understood the gospel, and are trying to reach heaven through the teaching of the Vatican. Please read and listen here: http://proclaimingthegospel.org/
A second powerful web site is the "Berean Beacon," of former Roman Catholic priest Richard Bennett, which helps Evangelicals understand exactly what Roman Catholics believe; and how they need to be saved by grace through faith in order to become Christians. Find here:
A third apologetic Christian site "The Berean Call" hosted by former Roman Catholic, Tom McMahon, has countless articles and programs on the dangers of spiritual formation, Roman Catholicism, and many more topics. Check it out here: http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AnLqnivLukp.A2rURnVYtu6bvZx4?p=The+Berean+Call&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-122
"By their fruits (contemplative spiritual formation practices) you can know them."
David Jennings' Connection to Nyack/New Life Fellowship Church:
* David Jennings is a former executive pastor of New Life Fellowship Church.
* David Jennings is the current Executive Director at New Life Health Center
* David Jennings is the Executive VP & Treasurer at Nyack College.
"By their fruits (endorsements, Emergent acquaintances, practices, books) you can know them."
Walbon's Connection to AIM (Adventures in Missions)/Seth Barnes:
* Walborn has been a speaker at the World Race Training Camps.
* Walborn has recently trained World Racers with contemplative Dr. Rob Reimer. See
blog: "CMA's Rob Reimer Reads Ruth Haley Barton to Feed His Soul."
* Walborn has spoken on various Emergent/contemplative topics: e.g. "The Contemplative Instinct" associated with "focus on the interior" and "listening prayer."
* Walborn has participated in AIM's BreakThru Conferences in 2008 & 2009 speaking with Wanda
Walborn, Seth Barnes, Andrew Sherman, & Michael Hindes.
* Walborn has given his endorsement to AIM's program. See here:
Walborn wrote: "Adventures in Mission does an amazing job of blending healthy discipleship and spiritual formation with Holy Spirit empowered missiology. ... I strongly recommend to you the powerful ministry of Adventures in Missions."
* Walborn has endorsed Barnes' book Kingdom Journeys: The Lost Spiritual Discipline (2012).
Walborn said: "... I was convicted, challenged and encouraged as I read this great book. I have another new tool for Kingdom growth: Kingdom Journeys."
-- Dr. Ron Walborn, Dean of Alliance Theological Seminary and the College of Bible and Christian Ministry at Nyack College http://kingdomjourneysbook.com/endorsements/
Note, too, who else endorses this book! Dissident Franciscan Fr. Richard Rohr, O.F.M.
For much more on Rohr and his various endorsements -including Dr. James P. Danaher-
see older blogs on "Father Richard Rohr's Book: The Naked Now at Nyack." Also see:
"Red Flag This: Ruth Haley Barton & Self!"
To know AIM is to know its leader and workers; Seth Barnes from his blog "Radical Living" makes crystal clear who, and what he endorses!
"By their fruits (Heretical Roman Catholic priest/book; New Age guru, & so many more) you can know them."
Quotes from Seth Barnes' "Radical Living" Blog:
12-13-2007 "Richard Rohr: A Conversation"
Barnes recorded: "I met Richard Rohr at a retreat ... for an extended conversation. I'd read a few of his books and found his insights profound. ... The first book of his I'd read, Adam's Return, helped me understand the importance of initiating men. ... I told him about The World Race and asked him for advice about how to design it to initiate young people. ... Another of Rohr's books, Everything Belongs, has been a huge influence in my thinking about how we grow. ... We talked about ... (that) we need to give God undistracted space in our schedule so that he can speak to us. ... At the end ... I asked Rohr to pray for me. He held both of my hands ... and gave me a wonderful blessing. Since he is ... a Franciscan, I suppose some of that great saint's anointing filtered into my spirit. I don't really know how it works, but I'll take whatever I can get."
3-3-2011: "Our Deepest Fear" Poem by well-known New Age author: Marianne Williamson.
For an in depth look into who Seth Barnes is, and to what his organization involves please read
Claris Van Kuiken's "An Open Letter to Ingrid Schlueter, VCY Crosstalk America Concerning Adventure's In Mission's (AIM)"
Or order her book: Missions, Mysticism, & Magic (2012) here:
Walborn's Connection to Risen King Community Church, Redding, Ca./New Apostolic
Reformation's Prophet's Bill Johnson, & Tim Fox:
* Walborn was a former pastor at Risen King Community.
* Walborn was at Risen King in February 2013 for a "Kingdom Come!- Redigging the Wells of the Supernatural" Conference.
* Walborn & Reimer are to be at Risen King February 2014 for another "Kingdom Come!"
Conference. New this year is the addition of Spiritual Director Sarah Herring.
* Walborn had a special meeting with Prophet Tim Fox (2013) who is associated with radical New Apostolic Reformation Prophet Bill Johnson.
http://prophetfox.com/ See link at right to "Risen King Church" of which Fox is a member.
* Walborn preached in 2010 with Bethel Church's Bill Johnson, and others at a May 2010 "Kingdom Power Conference." For just how radical and how controversial Bill Johnson is see:
* Walborn taught in Feb. 21-28, 2013 a "Kingdom Holiness" class in Redding with 30 some ATS
students. Worship at this class included Bethel Church's Jeremy Riddle.
Walborn's Connection to Global Leadership, Inc. & Dr. Martin Sanders:
Dr. Martin Sanders Info:
* Sanders is the Director of Global Leadership, Inc.
* Sanders is the Director of Doctoral Programs at ATS.
* Sanders was interim CMA pastor at Living Christ Church.
* Sanders works closely with six couples including: Ron & Wanda Walborn; Rob & Jen Reimer; and Chuck & Ingrid Davis.
Global Leadership Activities:
* Global Leadership sponsors Global Leadership Development Conferences.
* Global Leadership sponsors "Soul Care" Conferences.
* Global Leadership sponsors Inner Healing, Breakthroughs, & Holy Spirit Conferences.
* Global Leadership sponsors ATS Seminary and Doctoral Students Programs.
* Global Leadership sponsors Missional Community Seminars.
"By their fruits (endorsers, partners, books, practices) you shall know them."
Global Leadership Link with Leighton Ford Ministries:
* Global Leadership has partnered with Leighton Ford Ministries.
* Global Leadership has a large Leighton Ford endorsement on one page.
* Global Leadership has had Leighton Ford speak at several functions.
* Global Leadership has had Leighton Ford endorse two of Dr. Sander's books.
To understand why Leighton Ford and his ministry are into contemplative spirituality please consider the following facts:
* Leighton Ford was once an evangelist with the Billy Graham Association.
* Leighton Ford has now turned to all things mystical, and contemplative.
* Leighton Ford writes for InterVarsity Press publisher of mystical/contemplative books.
* Leighton Ford has written e.g. The Attentive Life reviewed by Gary Gilley here:
Benner, Benner, Benner & More Benner!
Dr. Martin Sanders & Dr. David G. Benner:
Small Sampling of Benner!
* Spring 2009: "Emotional & Spiritual Development Weekend"
* Books Required: Reggie McNeal (Get a Life); Read one: David Benner (Care of Souls;
The Gift of Being Yourself; Healing Emotional Wounds).
* Fall 2013: "Christ's Mission & Spiritual Gifts for the "Empowering Women Program"-The Gift of Being Yourself (Selected Bibliography).
* Fall 2008: SF 505: Sanders/Reimer: The Gift of Being Yourself; SF 770RA Sanders: The Gift of Being Yourself; Care of Souls; Spring 2009: SF772.RA Sanders: Care of Souls; The Gift of Being Yourself; Healing Emotional Wounds; Fall 2009: CD 702 Sanders/Russ: Strategic Pastoral Counseling; SF 505.RB Sanders: The Gift of Being Yourself;
Spiritual Formation Jan Dale Professor & Benner: Dale too has a list of Benner books as well as many more contemplative books of every stripe.
* And who is David G. Benner? The story is a sad one for once David G. Benner was raised in a godly home--a Plymouth Brethren home in Canada--a home like I too was raised in. But today Brenner, by his own words, tells us how far he has fallen. For Dr. Benner, enamored by Father Richard Rohr like so many others I have written about, is now a Master Teacher, and contributor to the Oneing Journal at the heretical "Rohr Institute's Living School for Action & Contemplation." Please read his stories here: http://www.drdavidgbenner.ca/my-journey/ Also see: "Professional Bio," "My Family," and "Reader's Questions" at the same site.
Recall! Speaking of Fr. Richard Rohr that Dr. Ron Walborn has endorsed Danaher books, and a Seth Barnes' book along with Richard Rohr. I challenge you look into Rohr!! No one who calls himself a true Christian should be associating themselves in any way with his totally heretical beliefs!
Wanda Walborn & Benner:
*Fall 2012: Spiritual Formation Course Assignment for "Empowering Women Certificate Program": Read: (David G. Benner): The Gift of Being Yourself: The Sacred Call to Self-Discovery. Write a brief summary of the book and what was helpful to you in your spiritual journey.
November 2013 Update: Wanda Walborn/Spiritual Formation Empower Program Component: Again Wanda highly recommends the book The Gift of Being Yourself by David Benner as an excellent follow up for your spiritual journey. Would that Wanda would find out what David G. Benner really is all about, for Benner's very own words should awaken discerning believers to BEWARE of Benner, period!
I would end by pleading once more, if you are truly a caring CMA Christian rise up and do something before it is forever too late!! Remember Jude warns that certain men have crept in unnoticed, and that we must be earnest contenders for the faith! How about you? Are you intentionally contending for the faith? Or do you choose to ignore this apostasy? May we all intend to contend, and to stand for the truth regardless of cost!
Learn to Discern Granny Verse: Jude wrote: "I found it necessary to write you an appeal, that you vigorously defend the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints." From Jude 3